How we work the fields (getting organized)
Kingsfield is a multiplying movement of churches who bring the kingdom of Jesus Christ to relevant reality where we live and everywhere we go.
Kingsfield is one church with several locations seeking to grow and multiply Christ-centered and on mission with God churches within a shared geographical area.
These fellowshipping churches are bound together by shared theological and practical principles and convictions.
This movement is about freedom, under Christ our Head, by the power of the Spirit, sent to communicate and incarnate the good news of Jesus Christ.
That said, the New Testament gives sure instruction to have leadership in place to preserve sound teaching and to guide the church in living as God’s people.
We desire a structure that combines accountability and strength with freedom and creativity and the ability for ongoing multiplication.
Guiding Principles & Convictions
We are churches held mutually together and accountable by the following:
1. Evangelical/Anabaptist theological convictions and mission
2. Interdependent autonomy of churches
3. A willingness to share financial resources
4. A willingness to share leadership resources
1. A Kingsfield Regional Fellowship
A partnership of churches no more than five in number, geographically located. Each church within the Fellowship sets up its own means for carrying on effective ministry and mission to their community and the calling out of leaders (including elders).
2. Kingsfield Pastoral Leadership
- The Kingsfield Regional Fellowship is served by a lead pastor, called and discerned by the churches and rooted in the local community of one of the churches. The Lead Pastor oversees that regional fellowship and is that region’s primary teacher/equipper.
- We desire that a staff pastor be physically located in each of the communities where a Kingsfield church is situated.
- Each pastor serves their church by focusing on the equipping of elder leaders, preaching/teaching, and equipping/overseeing the health of that church. They serve the Regional Fellowship on the Kingsfield Leadership Team, preaching in the other churches, and offering their unique gifts as required.
- The team of pastors that serve a regional Kingsfield fellowship is ideally made up of those with a mix of the 5-fold gifts (Eph.4) so that these gifts can be shared among the churches to maintain church and mission health.
3. Kingsfield Regional Council
The purpose of a Kingsfield Regional Council is to maintain joyful and biblically faithful fellowship and mission partnership among the churches.
Kingsfield Regional Council consists of three teams:
I - Kingsfield Leadership Team
- Meets as necessary to discuss and discern issues related to the faithful carrying out of the principles and convictions that bind the movement together, discern direction and initiatives, budgets, leadership needs, and for equipping and prayer.
II - Kingsfield Personnel Team
- A team of representatives, at least one from each church, who meet to set staff salaries and conduct regular staff reviews and address needs.
III - Kingsfield Stewardship Team
- A team of representatives, at least one from each church (typically chair or leader of each church’s stewardship life), and an elder/pastor from each church to give shape to the overall budget needs of the Kingsfield Regional Fellowship.
For Leadership Structure within Zurich Mennonite Church, click here.
For more on the Kingsfield staff, elders, and the 'APEPT' team, see Kingsfield Leadership.
For more on who Kingsfield is and the values we share, see Who we are> How.